The Definition of Physical Wellness
Thanks for your patronage. Article continues below:
What is physical wellness all about? some sources may give you differing definitions, but this article has the most comprehensive definition you can find on the web based on my own search.. I put together the definition below and added more pointers on physical wellness.
In a nutshell, Physical Wellness has to do with the physical health (i.e. the internal safety). It involves understanding that eating well, exercise, and healthy lifestyle choices are important; that making healthy lifestyle choices today will affect how you feel tomorrow, how long you live, and perhaps more importantly the quality of your life. It involves not abusing your body and seeking to exist in harmony with whatever body you have.
Physical Wellness is defined as follows:
- Respecting your body’s own uniqueness and diversity
- Engaging in practices that move you towards a higher level of health
- Improved cardiovascular capacity
- Improved flexibility
- Improved strength
- Regular physical activity
- Knowledge about food and nutrition
- Knowledge bout the body’s anatomy and functions
- Knowledge of medical research involving the body and nutrition
- Medical self-care
- The appropriate use of the medical system
- Receiving appropriate health screenings
- Taking responsibility and care for minor illness
- Knowing when professional medical attention is needed
- Developing an individual fitness plans
- CPR/First aid training
- Avoiding tobacco, drugs, and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Being able to monitor one’s own vital signs whether perceived or measured
- Awareness of the body’s true identity, depth of feelings, tension patterns, reactions, balance and harmony
- Physical Wellness is one of the interconnected eight dimensions of wellness
optimal physical wellness or well-being includes connecting with your physical self and avoiding harmful habits, while remaining focused on the balance of body-mind-spirit
Physical wellness is an expression of physiological development and personal evolution.
The physical benefits of looking good and feeling terrific most often lead to the psychological benefits of enhanced self-esteem, self-control, determination and a sense of direction.
Thanks for reading this article!